Here’s a refreshing dressing made with the delicious ripe strawberries of early summer. The texture is creamy and the color is gorgeous.
Originally this dressing was created to go on my Spinach and Snap Peas Saute, but it would also go well on a fruit salad or nearly any kind of mild-flavored greens, both cooked and raw. I think you’ll appreciate the slightly tangy acidity of the flavors in this dressing.
- 1 cup strawberries (6 large berries), rinsed, hulled and sliced (friend’s garden, Lummi Island)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (BelleWood Acres, Lynden)
- tiny pinch of ground dried habanero pepper (friend’s garden, Lummi Island)
- ½ teaspoon honey (Backyard Bees, Bellingham)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (Grace Harbor Farm, Custer)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until pureed. Chill until ready to serve.
Serve over Spinach and Snap Peas Saute, fruit salad, or any mild-flavored greens.
Community Food Co-operative, Westerly and Cordata, Bellingham
Friend’s garden, Lummi Island
Terra Organica, Flora and Cornwall, Bellingham