Whatcom Farms Offering CSA in 2012
This list of farms offering Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs was taken from the 2012 Whatcom Food & Farm Finder by permission of the publisher, Sustainable Connections. Wherever possible, the Farm Name is linked to their website for more information. Learn more about what a CSA is and how it works.
- Alm Hill Gardens (Everson)
- Acme Farms + Kitchen (Acme and Bellingham) – year round, online ordering
- Bellingham Country Gardens (Bellingham)
- Cedarville Farm (Bellingham)
- F.A. Farm (Ferndale)
- Growing Whatcom CSA (county-wide and parts of Skagit)
- Jordan Creek Farm (Ferndale)
- Mama’s Garden (Deming)
- Moondance Farm (Acme)
- Neighborhood Harvest (Bellingham)
- Nooksack Delta Ranch (Bellingham)
- Osprey Hill Farm (Acme)
- Pleasant Valley Dairy and Snook Brook Farms (Ferndale – no website, contact at 360-366-5398)
- Rabbit Fields Farm (Everson)
- Red Barn Lavender (Ferndale) – egg CSA
- Roll Organic Farms (Ferndale)
- Sage and Sky Farm (Bellingham)
- Spring Frog Farm at Holistic Homestead (Everson)
- Sumas River Farm (Sumas)
- Terra Verde Farm (Deming, contact at 360-393-2520)
- The Carrot and Stick (Bellingham)
- Three Sisters CSA (Lynden) – winter storage crops
- Wake Robin Farm (Ferndale)
- WildFISHwives (Bellingham) – wild Alaskan seafood.
(Note: I don’t usually include sources outside of Whatcom County, but the Alaskan wild fisheries are some of the most sustainably managed fisheries in the world and the quality is wonderful.)
Disclaimer: This list is complete so far as I know. However, there are a lot of things I don’t know. If you are aware of a CSA not listed above, please let me know and I’ll add it to the list as soon as possible. If you are a farmer and your CSA is sold out, also please let me know and I’ll note it above. Finally, farm website information may not be up-to-date. Be sure to ask enough questions. Thanks!
P.S. The Community Food Co-op also maintains a list of Whatcom County CSAs.